Celebrating a church anniversary is a wonderful occasion to give thanks to God for all that He has done in the life of the church. Whether your church is celebrating 10, 20, 25, 50, or even 100 years, it’s a great opportunity to gather past and present church family together to recognize the work of God at your church.
After the basic details of the event have been established, a church anniversary invitation letter should be written. This sample church anniversary invitation letter is a great starting point for writing the best letter for your event. This customizable letter can be adapted with the details of your celebration service of the anniversary of our church.
Church anniversary invitation letter
If you’d like to download the letter, you can do so here. You can use it for church use. All other uses need to contact this website for permission.
“Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.” Psalm 107:21 NIV
We give thanks to the Lord for His incredible blessings over the years to us here at Name of Church! We have witnessed God work mightily in the hearts of His people. We have seen Him sustain this ministry through challenging times. And we have watched Him work everything together for the good of those who love Him.
We’ve also heard the stories of the men and women who were faithful to God’s call to start and nurture Name of Church. We’ve given thanks for the people who have been part of building up Name of Church for the glory of God.
This year, we are commemorating 50 years of God’s faithfulness to us at Name of Church. This special occasion calls for a special celebration! Please join us at 10:00 AM on April 15th for a special church anniversary worship service, followed by a free lunch in the multipurpose room. Please RSVP by calling the church office or emailing us, so we can be sure to have enough food on hand. You can also give us a call if you need further information.
The celebration will include lots of special memories and photos, special music, an inspiring message, and a great opportunity to catch up with our extended church family. We hope to welcome many of our friends who have attended Church Name over the years! If you know someone you think would like to attend, please invite people you think would be interested.
Come celebrate God’s faithfulness and provision!
Ways to Customize Your Church Anniversary Invitation Letter
Besides substituting the name of your church and pastor’s name in this sample invitation letter, consider these changes or additions to your church anniversary letters.
- If your church has an annual church homecoming service or annual celebration of the ministry anniversary, decide if this will coincide with your event and mention it in the letter/church homecoming invitation.
- If you have a special name of the church event for the anniversary celebration, add it to your church anniversary invitation letter.
- Consider if you will be adding a special anniversary offering for that day, such as for a new building or a commemorative project. You may want to include this in the letter or in the mailing with the letter.
- Consider the tone of the letter for your church. If this is too much of a formal letter style for your special church anniversary service, make your church anniversary invitation letter more casual.
- Former pastors who are scheduled to attend the upcoming anniversary service can be included in this church anniversary invitation letter.
- You can choose to add the name of the letter recipient in place of “Dear friend” or “Dear Friends.”
- Update the meal information, whether it be for a catered luncheon or a potluck or any other meal option.
- Other details and important information you may want to include are: guest speaker or special guest, how church members past and present can help at the special event, contact information for the church, and other events in your local community around that time.
- If your church campus has changed locations or added different buildings, mention this in case it will help navigation to the church.
- If you have an extensive church anniversary/homecoming weekend planned, make sure to include a detailed schedule of church activities and other church services, so people know what to expect.
A church invitation letter is just one of the first steps to planning a successful church anniversary celebration. There will be many tasks on your to-do list besides the church anniversary invitation letter.
Consider adding prayer to the top of the list, that the church anniversary celebration will be a great way to bring glory to God, and draw people closer to Him!
Did you enjoy this free church anniversary invitation letter? You may be interested in our other free church downloadable resources and printables. Check out our free printables page!